Dr. Yasuharu KATSUNO is a research staff member at IBM Research - Tokyo. He receives M.S. degree from Keio University (Supervisor: Professor Mario Tokoro) and Ph.D. degree from University of Tsukuba (Supervisor: Professor Eiji Okamoto). His research interests include distributed transaction processing, application modernization, microservices, and distributed systems.
- Data-centric Application Modernization
- Legacy Workload Transformation to Cloud
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Hybrid Cloud
- Cloud Infrastructures: OpenShift, IBM Cloud, OpenStack.
- Programming Languages: Python, Java, Ruby, C.
- Natural Languages: English, Japanese.
- (2019-present) Global Technical Leader, AI for Application Modernization
- Transactional data modernization
- Transaction performance improvement
- (2016-2019) Global Technical Leader, GTS SO Operation Automation
- Transformation of server operations
- (2015-2016) Global Technical Leader, OpenShift Scaling
- Scalable OpenShift Control Plane
- (2013-2015) Global Technical Leader, Automated Deployment API Service
- Rapid and automated deployment of a set of enterprise solution servers on cloud
- (2010-2015) Global Technical Co-Leader, Hybrid Project
- Cloud Broker for seamless integration across private and public clouds.
- (2012) Technical Leader, GTS/ITS-Japan Delivery Automation
- Transformation of GTS/ITS-Japan delivery
- (2009-2010) Technical Leader, GTS - Research Joint Program ITS Cloud
- Launch of cloud business in GTS/ITS-Japan
- (2006-2008) Technical Leader, Trusted Virtual Domain
- Application-level distributed mandatory access control system.
- (2005) Strategy Staff, IBM Research – Tokyo
- Technical assistant of Director of IBM Research – Tokyo
- (2002-2004) Technical Leader, ThinkPad Autonomic Network Configuration
- Automatic switch of network configurations for ThinkPad Access Connections
- (1999-2002) Technical Member, Bluetooth Personal Area Network Profile
- Reference Implementation of Bluetooth Network Ethernet Protocol (BNEP)