My research focus is Business Process Management (BPM). I am interested in all aspects of process modeling, analysis, refinement, execution, and monitoring. Related topics are consistency-, configuration- and change management for processes as well as process modeling languages. I have contributed to and co- authored the OMG standard BPMN 2.0. Other topics I have worked on in the past include formal methods (Petri nets, model checking, models of concurrency), systems engineering (configuration and change management, verification and validation, specification of components), and distributed systems (fault tolerance, consensus, self-stabilization, distributed algorithms, randomization).
For more information, see current and recent project (to the left) and selected publications and talks (in the next tab).
Some of my current or recent roles:
- PC co-chair 12th Int. Conference on Business Process Management 2014 Haifa, Israel
- Industry chair, Panel speaker, and PC member 11th Int. Conference on Business Process Management 2013 Beijing, China
- Keynote speaker 2nd Int. Workshop on BPMN 2010
- Invited tutorial speaker 7th Int. Conference on Business Process Management 2009
- PC member Int. Conference on Business Process Management 2009- 2015
- PC member Int. Conference on Theory and Application of Petri Nets 2004,2005,2008,2009
- PC member 18th Int. Conference on Concurrency Theory 2007
- Keynote speaker 13th Int. Workshop on Expressiveness in Concurrency 2006