Thomas Toifl is manager of the High-speed Interconnect Technology group at the IBM Research – Zurich Lab.
His research interests include the following focus areas:
- Analog and mixed analog-digital circuit design for multi-Gb/s wireline transceivers in advanced CMOS and CMOS-SOI technologies,
- Low-power high-speed equalization and detection (e.g. decision-feedback equalizer (DFE) and feed-forward equalizer (FFE) implementations),
- Low-power High-speed Analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) and Digital-to-analog converters (DACs),
- Link modelling, modulation and equalization techniques for multi-Gb/s wireline links,
- Radiation hard and circuit design.
Dr. Toifl was awarded Ph.D. and M.S. degrees in Electrical Engineering from the Vienna University of Technology, Vienna, Austria, in 1999 and 1995, respectively.