I am a Research Staff Member (RSM) in the Cloud and Computing Infrastructure group at the IBM Research Lab, Zurich. Earlier in 2016, I graduated with a Phd from ETH, Zurich under the supervision of Prof. Thomas Gross.
My primary research interests are in the area of operating systems, high-performance networks and storage architectures, and analytics. Currently I am investigating how to design high-performance analytics stack by levering performance properties of emerging high-performance network and storage hardware.
Occasionally and time permitting, I put stuff on my technical blog about new learning and issues I am investigating. It can be reached here: http://0x8086.blogspot.com/
Parts of projects that I am involved in are open sourced :
- Crail: Crail is an open source user-level I/O architecture for the Apache data processing ecosystem designed from ground up for high-performance storage and networking hardware, www.crail.io
- DiSNI: RDMA integration for JAVA (previosuly called jVerbs), github.com/zrlio/disni
- DaRPC: High-performance RPC library for Java/DiSNI, https://github.com/zrlio/disni
- SoftiWARP: A fully functional software RDMA device for Linux : https://github.com/zrlio/softiwarp
More work from the group can be found at : https://github.com/zrlio
- On The [Ir]relevance of Network Performance for Data Processing. Animesh Trivedi, Patrick Stuedi, Jonas Pfefferle, Radu Stoica, Bernard Metzler, Ioannis Koltsidas, Nikolas Ioannou, in the 8th USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Cloud Computing (HotCloud '16), Denver, Colorado, USA, June 20–21, 2016. [PDF]
- RStore: A Direct-Access DRAM-based Data Store. Animesh Trivedi, Patrick Stuedi, Bernard Metzler, Clemens Lutz, Martin Schmatz, Thomas R. Gross, in the 35th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS'15), Columbus, Ohio, USA, June 29th - July 2nd, 2015.
- A Hybrid I/O Virtualization Framework for RDMA-capable Network Interfaces. Jonas Pfefferle, Patrick Stuedi, Animesh Trivedi, Bernard Metzler, Ioannis Koltsidas, Thomas R. Gross, in the 11th ACM SIGPLAN/SIGOPS International Conference on Virtual Execution Environment (VEE'15), Istanbul, Turkey, March 2015.
- DaRPC: Data Center RPC. Patrick Stuedi, Animesh Trivedi, Bernard Metzler, Jonas Pfefferle, in the 5th ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing 2014 (SoCC'14), Seattle, WA, USA, November 2014. [PDF] [ACM]
- On Limitations of Network Acceleration. Animesh Trivedi, Bernard Metzler, Patrick Stuedi, and Thomas R. Gross, in the 9th International Conference on emerging Networking EXperiments and Technologies (CoNEXT'13), Santa Barbara, CA, USA, December 2013. [PDF] [ACM]
- jVerbs: Ultra-low Latency for Data Center Applications. Patrick Stuedi, Bernard Metzler, Animesh Trivedi, in the 4th ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing 2013 (SoCC'13), Santa Clara, CA, USA, October 2013. [PDF] [ACM]
- Uniﬁed High-Performance I/O: One Stack to Rule Them All. Animesh Trivedi, Patrick Stuedi, Bernard Metzler, Roman Pletka, Blake G. Fitch, Thomas R. Gross, in the 14th Workshop on Hot Topics in Operating Systems (HotOS XIV), Santa Ana Pueblo, NM, USA, May 2013. [PDF] [ACM]
- Wimpy Nodes with 10GbE: Leveraging One-Sided Operations in Soft RDMA to Boost Memcached. Patrick Stuedi, Animesh Trivedi, Bernard Metzler, in the 2012 USENIX conference on Annual Technical Conference (ATC), Boston, USA, June 2012.[PDF] [ACM]
- A Case for RDMA in Clouds: Turning Supercomputer Networking into Commodity, Animesh Trivedi, Bernard Metzler, Patrick Stuedi, in the 2nd ACM SIGOPS Asia-Pacific Workshop on Systems (APSys 2011), Shanghai, China, July 2011. [PDF] [ACM]
- [PhD] Animesh Trivedi, End-to-End Considerations in Unification of High-Performance IO, PhD thesis, ETH Zurich, January, 2016. http://e-collection.library.ethz.ch/view/eth:49090 [PDF]
- [Master] Animesh Trivedi, Hotplug in a multikernel operating system, Master's thesis, Department of Computer Science, ETH Zurich, August, 2009. http://e-collection.library.ethz.ch/view/eth:137 [PDF]