Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: ACM | IEEE | Society of Women Engineers
more informationMore information: My Google Scholar profile
Earlier, I led a research team that invented and developed virtual machine management technology in IBM PureApplication System and IBM WebSphere Cloudburst Appliance and developed dynamic VM placement algorithm for IBM Platform Resource Scheduler. I was also a key member of the team which developed workload management technology in WebSphere Virtual Enterprise. I led and developed Application Placement Controller technology. These product innovations resulted from our long-term research in goal-oriented management of computation and data in cloud.
Before joining IBM I was a PhD student and a Graduate Fellow at Department of Computer and Information Sciences, University of Delaware. In the course of my graduate work I studied probabilistic fault localization algorithms and invented several fault localization techniques. I completed my masters degree at AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow, Poland.
Here are some of my most recent professional activities outside of IBM:
- Keynote Speaker and Panelist at 9th Cloud Control workshop
- Associate Editor of Journal of Network and Systems Management
- Associate Editor of Transactions on Parrallel and Distributed Systems
- Associate Editor of Transactions on Network and Service Management
- Keynote Speaker at Workshop on Container Technologies and Container Clouds, in assoc. with IEEE International Conference on Cloud Engineering, 2015
- Co-chair of Technical Program Commitee of Software Infrastructure Track at World-wide Web Conference, 2014
- TPC Member of Virtual Execution Environments, 2016, 2017
- TPC Member of Int'l Conference on Network and Service Management, 2016
- TPC Member of International Conference on Network and Service Management, 2015
- TPC Member of IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management, 2015
I am a member of Collegium of Eminent Scientists of Polish Origin or Ancestry established by the Kosciuszko Foundation.