I'm a research staff member at IBM Research and a member of the Dynamic Optimization Group. Prior to joining IBM, I was a research scientist at MIT CSAIL, working closely with the Commit and Raw groups.
I am a founding member of the Liquid Metal project which aims to reduce the programming burden for heterogeneous systems. The project is vertically integrated, offering a new programming language, advanced compilation technology, an adaptive runtime, and hardware synthesis to deliver performance. An alpha release of the Liquid Metal development environment is now available for download.
I am also a founding member of a new project called ActiveSheets which uses spreadsheets as a convenient programming tool while also offering high-performance code synthesis.
- A paper on stream computing using a spreadsheet was awarded a Distinguished Paper Award at the 2014 European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming (ECOOP).
- A paper on Translating Imperative Code to MapReduce will appear at OOPSLA 2014 in Portland, Oregon.
- Don't miss the Liquid Metal tutorial at OOPSLA 2014 in Portland, Oregon.
- An alpha release of the Liquid Metal development environment is now available for download. You may ask questions, send us comments, or report bugs using the Liquid Metal Google Group.
- A Liquid Metal entry finished 6th in the 2013 Field Programmable Technology (ICFPT) design competition, playing Blokus Duo.
- PC service: CC 2015, PLDI 2014 ERC, CGO 2014, DATE 2014, FSP 2014.