Priya Nagpurkar is a research staff member and manager at I.B.M.'s T.J. Watson Research Center. She currently manages the Cloud DevOps group in the Cloud Platform and Services department. Priya and her group work on tools and technologies to enable the next generation of DevOps capabilities for cloud environments. Her research interests include program analysis, software testing, debugging, and performance analysis and optimization, especially for distributed systems.
Her previous work at IBM focused on characterizing and optimizing emerging workloads across different layers of the application and system stack, with an emphasis on language runtimes and processor architecture and design. Priya received her Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of California, Santa Barbara in September 2007
- 1101 Kitchawan Road
- Office 32-134
- IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
- Yorktown, NY 10562
- Adding dynamically-typed language support to a statically-typed language compiler: performance evaluation, analysis, and tradeoffs
Kazuaki Ishizaki, Takeshi Ogasawara, José G. Castanos, Priya Nagpurkar, David Edelsohn, Toshio Nakatani Virtual Execution Environments (VEE), March 2012.
- Accelerating Business Analytics Applications
Valentina Salapura, Tejas Karkhanis, Priya Nagpurkar, Jose Moreira IEEE International Symposium on High Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA), February 2012.
- Dualities in Programming Languages (pdf, talk, abstract),
Martin Hirzel and Priya Nagpurkar. Fun and Interesting Thoughts Session at PLDI (PLDI-FIT), June 2010.
- Runahead Execution vs. Conventional Data Prefetching in the IBM POWER6 Microprocessor
Harold W. Cain and Priya Nagpurkar, IEEE International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software (ISPASS), March 2010.
- The Data-centricity of Web 2.0 Workloads and its Impact on Server Performance
Moriyoshi Ohara, Priya Nagpurkar, Yohei Ueda, and Kazuaki Ishizaki, IEEE International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software (ISPASS), April 2009.
- Workload Characterization of selected JEE-based Web 2.0 Applications
Priya Nagpurkar, William Horn, U Gopalakrishnan, Niteesh Dubey, Joefon Jann, and Pratap Pattnaik, IEEE International Symposium on Workload Characterization (IISWC), September, 2008.
- Call-chain Software Instruction Prefetching in J2EE Server Applications
Priya Nagpurkar, Harold Cain, Mauricio Serrano, Jong-Deok Choi, and Chandra Krintz, The International Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques (PACT), September, 2007
- Language and Virtual Machine Support for Efficient Fine-Grained Futures in Java
Lingli Zhang, Chandra Krintz, and Priya Nagpurkar, The International Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques (PACT), September, 2007
- Supporting Exception Handling for Futures in Java
Lingli Zhang, Chandra Krintz, and Priya Nagpurkar, The International Conference on the Principles and Practice on Programming in Java (PPPJ), September, 2007
- A Study of Instruction Cache Performance and the Potential for Instruction Prefetching in J2EE Server Applications
Priya Nagpurkar, Harold W. Cain, Mauricio Serrano, Jong-Deok Choi and Chandra Krintz, Tenth Workshop on Computer Architecture Evaluation Using Commercial Workloads (CAECW-10), Feb 2007
- Online Phase Detection Algorithms
Priya Nagpurkar, Michael Hind, Chandra Krintz, Peter Sweeney, and V.T. Rajan, 2006 International Symposium on Code Generation and Optimization (CGO06), March 26-29, Manhattan, NY
- Phase-aware Remote Profiling
Priya Nagpurkar, Chandra Krintz, and Tim Sherwood, International Symposium on Code Generation and Optimization (CGO05), March 20-23, San Jose, CA
- Efficient Remote Profiling for Resource-Constrained Devices
Priya Nagpurkar, Hussam Mousa, Chandra Krintz, and Timothy Sherwood, ACM Transactions on Architecture and Code Optimization (TACO),
- Visualization and Analysis of Phased Behavior in Java Programs
Priya Nagpurkar and Chandra Krintz, ACM International Conference on the Principles and Practice of Programming in Java (PPPJ), June 16-18, Las Vegas, NV
- Phase-Based Visualization and Analysis of Java Programs
Priya Nagpurkar and Chandra Krintz, Elsevier Science of Computer Programming -- Special Issue on Priciples Practices and Programming in Java, Vol. 59, Number 1-2, January 2006, pages 64-81
- Energy Consumption and Conservation in Mobile Peer-to-Peer Systems
Selim Gurun, Priya Nagpurkar, and Ben Zhao, International Workshop on Decentralized Resource Sharing in Mobile Computing and Networking (ACM Mobishare), Sep 2006
- Papers published by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) are Copyright © by the Association for Computing Machinery, Inc. Permission to make digital or hard copies of part or all of this work for personal or classroom use is granted without fee provided that copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage and that copies bear this notice and the full citation on the first page. Copyrights for components of this work owned by others than ACM must be honored. Abstracting with credit is permitted. To copy otherwise, to republish, to post on servers, or to redistribute to lists, requires prior specific permission and/or a fee. Request permissions from Publications Dept, ACM Inc., fax +1 (212) 869-0481, or email@example.com.
- Papers published by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (IEEE) are Copyright © by IEEE. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.