- Combinatorial Patterns
- Comparative Genomics
- Computational Biology Center
- Computational Genomics
- Human Population Genomics
- iXora: Exact Haplotype Inferencing
and Trait Association
Current Research Interests
I am currently leading the science team in the personalized cancer medicine system, Watson Genomics Analytics. I am also involved in the ongoing Sequence the Food Supply Chain Consortium, with focus on models and algorithms underlying metagenomics and metatranscriptomics. I lead the IBM Science team in the Cacao Consortium with MARS and USDA and continue to work on plant genomics. Also, I lead the RecoProject, Genographic Project with National Geographic and continue to work on population genomics.
Changing times brings more expectations from the chairs!
-- Comparative Genomics (RECOMB-CG 2014), October 19-22, 2014, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York, USA.
-- Models and Algorithms for Genome Evolution (MAGE), August 23-26, 2013, Cantons de l'Est, Montreal, Canada.
-- ICT Strategies for bridging biology and precision medicine, (Schloss Dagstuhl 2013), August 18-23, 2013, Wadern, Germany.
-- Structure Discovery in Biology: Motifs, Networks and Phylogenies, (Schloss Dagstuhl 2012), July 16-20, 2012 Saarbrucken, Germany.
-- Combinatorial Pattern Matching (CPM 2010), June 21-23, 2010, New York, USA.
-- Asia Pacific Bioinformatics Conference (APBC 2010), Jan 18-21, 2010, Bangalore, India.
-- Symposium on Computational Biology & Bioinformatics (ISBB06), Dec 15-17, 2006, Bhubaneshwar, India.
- Editorial Board, BMC Bioinformatics
- Associate Editor, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- Editorial Board, Journal of Computational Biology
- Program committee member (2011-15) in RECOMB, WABI, APBC, GIW, ISBRA, ISMB, ECCB, RECOMB-AB, RECOMB-CG, SPIRE, ICDM, KDD.