Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: American Vacuum Society | Electrochemical Society (ECS) | Materials Research Society (MRS)
more informationMore information: Prof. Jane Chang, University of California, Los Angeles | YouTube Channel
Nathan Marchack received his PhD in Chemical Engineering from the University of California, Los Angeles in 2012. His thesis work in Professor Jane Chang's group focused on characterizing and modeling the etching behavior of hafnium lanthanate high-k dielectric films in chlorine-based plasmas.
He subsequently joined the IBM T.J. Watson Research Center in Yorktown Heights, NY as a Research Staff Member in the Advanced Plasma Processing Group. He has since worked in a diverse set of research areas, including:
- plasma etch processes for non-volatile memory technologies (e.g. MRAM),
- experimental gas chemistries for FEOL patterning applications (e.g. low-k spacer etching for FinFETS),
- fabrication of nano-electrode arrays for chemical and biomolecular sensing applications,
- Si and SiN waveguide array fabrication for gas sensors, and
- atomic layer etching of metal and metal nitride films for future technology nodes.