Welcome To Amit Dhurandhar's Webpage..
I am originally from Pune, India. I am now a research staff member at IBM T.J. Watson in Yorktown Heights NY. I completed my Ph.D. in the Department of Computer and Information Science and Engineering at the University of Florida (UF), Gainesville in 2009. My advisor was Dr. Alin Dobra. My primary research areas are Machine learning and Data Mining.
I admire originality and brilliance but believe that having the right attitude is more important in life.
Here is the link to KDD Speaker Day that I organized at Watson Research in Aug. 2014.
Here is an interesting article comparing conference vs journal publications in computer science.
- Predicting Human Olfactory Perception from Chemical Features of Odor Molecules Paper accepted to Science, 2017!!! (Atlantic, Science News, The Biological Scene)
- It has been highlighted in the annual AAAS meeting as one of the breakthroughs published by Science. It is considered an advance in the field beyond what has been seen in the past three decades.
- First author paper on a new clustering paradigm accepted to SDM 2017.
- Appeared in IBM Journal of Eminence, 2016.
- Paper published in KAIS Journal, 2016.
- NSF-SBIR Grant Panelist, 2016.
- ICDM paper was Best paper candidate, 2015.
- AAAI paper won Deployed Application Award, 2015.