Activity in IBM
- Currently, manager of the Cloud Technology team that covers the projects on infrastructure and security for Cloud in the lab.
- 2011 to date, Research Manager and Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM), IBM Research – Tokyo (formerly Tokyo Research Laboratory)
- 2006 to 2010, Research Manager, Next-gen Web Platform, IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory (TRL). Made key technical contribution to innovate technologies for secure IBM platforms and Web 1.0/2.0 applications.
- 2003 to 2005, Group Leader, Knowledge Middleware group, TRL. Led research projects on text analytics for Life Sciences and developed a first robust text mining system for PubMed.
- 2002, Research HQ Staff, Research Strategy and operation, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center. Evaluated research projects in 2002 in Research labs and assessed partnerships with business units.
- 1999, Research Staff, Technical Plans & Control group, TRL. Worked as a technical assistant for the lab director to review research projects, and guide strategy for the laboratory.
- 2000 to 2005, Visiting Associate Professor, National Institute of Technology (NII).
- 1997 to 2002, Researcher, Advanced Internet Technology group, TRL. Developed Web Services Security system with a financial customer. Contributed standardization of Resource Description Framework (RDF).
- 1990 to 1997, Researcher, Machine Translation group, TRL. Developed a knowledge-based English-to-Japanese machine translation system called Shalt2
- Visiting Associate Professor, National Institute of Informatics (NII) 2000-2015
- Adjunct Professor at the Institute of Information Security (ISS), 2009 to date
- Part-time lecturer (for seminars) at prominent universities, including Tokyo University, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Kyushu University, Nagoya University, Nanzan University, and others.
- Board member of the Japanese Society of Artificial Intelligence (2004-2006)
- Board member of the Information Processing Society of Japan (2013-2015)
- PC member of many international conferences (including the International Conference on Services Computing (SCC) 2008 to date and the IEEE Cloud 2010 to date)