- Artificial Intelligence for Optimization
- Data Analytics Research
- Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining Professional Interest Community (KDD PIC)
- Opinion Mining and Sentiment Analysis
- Smarter Cities: Analytics, Sensing, Communications, Incentives for Livability and Efficiency
- TAKMI - Text Analysis and Knowledge Mining
Skills in Algorithms, Data Mining, and Optimization with more than 40 scientific papers published in refereed international conferences and journals. Received IBM Research Outstanding Technical Achievement Award (OTAA) in 2014 for fundamental contribution to data mining for graph-structured data, IBM Japan GM Award for contribution in Technical Computing in 2013, and Best of IBM Awards for Smarter Cities Challenge in Boston in 2012, and a consultation project in 2008. Obtained Ph. D degree from Kyoto University in 2006 with thesis "Studies in Quantum Query Complexities and Quantum Network Coding".