Masatomo Kobayashi is the manager of the Aging Research group at IBM Research - Tokyo. He received his Ph.D. in computer science from the University of Tokyo and joined IBM in 2008. His research interest is everyday human-computer interactions such as desktop, mobile, and Web user interfaces. He is the development leader of the Senior Cloud project, which aims to develop an innovative ICT platform for a super-aged society. He is a member of ACM, IPSJ, and W3C.
URL to this page: ibm.biz/jp-MSTM
- Yamada, Y. and Kobayashi, M. Fatigue Detection Model for Older Adults Using Eye-Tracking Data Gathered While Watching Video: Evaluation Against Diverse Fatiguing Tasks. In Proceedings of ICHI 2017, August 2017.
- Yamada, Y. and Kobayashi, M. Detecting Mental Fatigue from Eye-Tracking Data Gathered While Watching Video. In Proceedings of AIME 2017, Springer, June 2017. (Best Paper)
- Kobayashi, M., Arita, S., Itoko, T., Saito, S., and Takagi, H. Motivating Multi-Generational Crowd Workers in Social-Purpose Work . In Proceedings of CSCW '15, ACM, March 2015, 1813-1824.
- Kobayashi, M., Ishihara, T., Kosugi, A., Takagi, H., and Asakawa, C. Question-Answer Cards for an Inclusive Micro-Tasking Framework for the Elderly. In Proceedings of INTERACT 2013, LNCS 8119, Springer, September 2013, 590-607.
- Sato, D., Kobayashi, M., Takagi, H., Asakawa, C., and Tanaka, J. How Voice Augmentation Supports Elderly Web Users. In Proceedings of ASSETS '11, ACM, October 2011, 155-162.
- Kobayashi, M., Hiyama, A., Miura, T., Asakawa, C., Hirose, M., and Ifukube, T. Elderly User Evaluation of Mobile Touchscreen Interactions. In Proceedings of INTERACT 2011, LNCS 6946, Springer, September 2011, 83-99. (Accessibility Award)
- Sato, D., Zhu, S., Kobayashi, M., Takagi, H., and Asakawa, C. Sasayaki: Augmented Voice Web Browsing Experience. In Proceedings of CHI 2011, ACM, May 2011, 2769-2778. (Honorable Mention Paper)
- Sato, D., Takagi, H., Kobayashi, M., Kawanaka, S., and Asakawa, C. Exploratory Analysis of Collaborative Web Accessibility Improvement. TACCESS, 3(2), ACM, November 2010, 5.
- Kobayashi, M., O'Connell, T., Gould, B., Takagi, H., and Asakawa, C. Are Synthesized Video Descriptions Acceptable? In Proceedings of ASSETS '10, ACM, October 2010, 163-170.
- Takagi, H., Kawanaka, S., Kobayashi, M., Sato, D., and Asakawa, C. Collaborative Web Accessibility Improvement: Challenges and Possibilities. In Proceedings of ASSETS '09, ACM, October 2009, 195-202. (Best Paper)
- Sato, D., Kobayashi, M., Takagi, H., and Asakawa, C. What's Next? A Visual Editor for Correcting Reading Order. In Proceedings of INTERACT 2009, LNCS 5726, Springer, August 2009, 364-377.
- Takagi, H., Kawanaka, S., Kobayashi, M., Itoh, T., and Asakawa, C. Social Accessibility: Achieving Accessibility through Collaborative Metadata Authoring. In Proceedings of ASSETS '08, ACM, October 2008, 193-200.
- Kobayashi, M. and Igarashi, T. Ninja Cursors: Using Multiple Cursors to Assist Target Acquisition on Large Screen. In Proceedings of CHI 2008, ACM, April 2008, 949-958.
- Kobayashi, M. and Igarashi, T. Boomerang: Suspendable Drag-and-Drop Interactions Based on a Throw-and-Catch Metaphor. In Proceedings of UIST 2007, ACM, October 2007, 187-190.
- Kobayashi, M. and Igarashi, T. Considering the Direction of Cursor Movement for Efficient Traversal of Cascading Menus. In Proceedings of UIST '03, ACM, November 2003, 91-94.