- Tokyo Members
- My CV (as of 2015/07)
- My Twitter
- My Facebook
- In ACM Digital Library
- In Google Scholar
- In MS Academic Search
- In ResearchGate
- In researchmap
- Search by DBLP
- Search by Google Scholar
- Search by Google Scholar (JP)
- Search by Google Patent
- Search by CiNii (JP)
- Computer Science
- Computer Architecture
- Human Computer Interaction
- Operating Systems
- Programming Languages & Software Engineering
Kiyokuni (Kiyo) KAWACHIYA, Ph.D.
Manager of Deep Computing & Analytics
Research Staff Member, IBM Research - Tokyo
19-21, Nihonbashi Hakozaki-cho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-8510, Japan
My interest is "systems software", such as operating systems and programming languages. I worked for developing Java™ JIT compiler with its runtime, accelerating Java locks, and reducing the startup overhead of Java applications. I am also interested in virtualization and cloud technologies. Recently, I am working for the analysis and reduction of memory footprint of Java and also for programming languages on Java such as X10. Cloud enablement of distributed systems, performance analysis of POWER and HPC applications are also part of my interest.
"Java" is a trademark or registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Brief Personal History
- I was born in 1963 at Osaka, Japan.
- I graduated the University of Tokyo in 1985.
- I received M.S. degree in Information Science from the University of Tokyo in 1987, and received Ph.D. degree in Media and Governance from Keio University in 2005 [Ph.D. thesis].
- Since joining IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory (now called "IBM Research - Tokyo" since September 2009) in 1987, I have been working on operating systems, multimedia systems, mobile information devices, and Java execution runtime.
- I received IPSJ Convention Award (1994), IPSJ Best Paper Award (2005), JSSST Takahashi Award (2008), and recognized as an ACM Distinguished Engineer (2015).
- I am a member of Association for Computing Machinery (ACM, Distinguished Member), Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ, Senior Member), and Japan Society for Software Science and Technology (JSSST, Ex Board Member).
Recent Academic Activities