Projects and Groups
- Computer Science
- Computer Architecture
- Human Computer Interaction
- Operating Systems
- Programming Languages & Software Engineering
- Tokyo Members
- My Old Page
- My CV (as of 2013/04)
- My Twitter
- My Facebook
- In ACM Digital Library
- In Google Scholar
- In MS Academic Search
- In ReaD&Researchmap
- Search by DBLP
- Search by Google Scholar
- Search by Google Scholar (JP)
- Search by Google Patent
- Search by CiNii (JP)
IBM Research - Tokyo
Kiyokuni (Kiyo) KAWACHIYA, Ph.D.
Senior Researcher, IBM Research - Tokyo
NBF Toyosu Canal Front Bldg, 5-6-52, Toyosu, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8511, Japan
My interest is "system software", such as operating systems and programming languages. I worked for developing Java™ JIT compiler with its runtime, accelerating Java locks, and reducing the startup overhead of Java applications. I am also interested in virtualization and cloud technologies. Recently, I am working for the analysis and reduction of memory footprint of Java and also for programming languages on Java such as X10.
"Java" is a trademark or registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Brief Personal History
- I was born in 1963 at Osaka, Japan.
- I gradutated the University of Tokyo in 1985.
- I received M.S. degree in Information Science from the University of Tokyo in 1987, and received Ph.D. degree in Media and Governance from Keio University in 2005 [Ph.D. thesis].
- Since joining IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory (now called "IBM Research - Tokyo" since September 2009) in 1987, I have been working on operating systems, multimedia systems, mobile information devices, and Java execution runtime.
- I received IPSJ Convention Award (1994), IPSJ Best Paper Award (2005), and JSSST Takahashi Award (2008).
- I am a member of ACM (Senior Member), Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ), and Japan Society for Software Science and Technology (JSSST).
Recent Academic Activities
|2007/04-2011/03||Editorial Committee Member of IPSJ Transactions on Programming.|
|2007/04-2011/03||Board Member of JSSST.|
|2010||PC Member of JSSST PPL2010 Workshop.|
|2011||PC Co-chair of JSSST PPL2011 Workshop.|
|2011||PC Member of Special Track on Object Oriented Programming Languages and Systems (OOPS2011) at the 26th ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC2011).|
|2012/04-||Editorial Committee Member of JSSST.|
|2012||PC Member of the 6th Workshop on Virtual Machines and Intermediate Languages (VMIL2012) at SPLASH2012.|
|2013||PC Member of the 2013 ACM SIGPLAN/SIGOPS International Conference on Virtual Execution Environments (VEE2013) co-located with ACM ASPLOS2013.|
|2013||PC Member of the 28th Annual ACM Conference on Object-Oriented Programming, Systems, Languages, and Applications (OOPSLA2013) in SPLASH2013.|