I am working for IBM as part of the research and development team of the CPLEX Optimizer. I am author or co-author of more than 10 papers in top refereed journals and conferences (Math. Programming, INFORMS Journal on computing, IPCO, ...).
- Mixed Integer Optimization
- Combinatorial Optimization
- Cutting plane techniques
- Exact and Heuritstic Methods
- 2009-2011: Post-doctoral fellow at Dipartimento di Elettronica, Informatica e Sistemistica (DEIS), University of Bologna (Italy).
- 2006-2009: Ph.D. candidate in “Control System Engineering and Operational Research” at the University of Bologna (Italy).
Prizes and awards
- 2015: Outstanding Technical Achievement Award, IBM.
- 2013: Major Outstanding Technical Achievement Award, IBM.
- 2005: Prize for the Best Master Thesis in Operations Research, assigned by the Italian Association of Operations Research (AIRO).
- 2012-2016: Member of the Scientific Committee of the FP7 European Project Marie Curie People on Mixed Integer Nonlinear Optimization (http://www.mino-itn.unibo.it).
- 2008: Organizing Committee of IPCO 2008 conference (Bertinoro, Forlì-Cesena, Italy, May 2008).