Professional AssociationsProfessional Associations: Association of Open Group Enterprise Architects | American Astronomical Society | Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence | Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) | Australian Computer Society (ACS) | Brazilian Computer Society | British Computer Society (BCS) / British Science Council - Chartered Scientist | Cognitive Science Society | Computing Research Association | Design Research Society | Engineering Council of South Africa | Event Processing Technical Society | Fellow, IEEE | IEEE | IEEE Computer Society | Institute for Computer Sciences, Social-Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering (ICST) | Intelligent Transportation Society Singapore | Israeli Association for Management, Development & Research of HR | New York Academy of Science | Project Management Institute | The Open Group
¨ Education - Master’s ( M.Tech ) in Satellite Remote Sensing – Year 2000, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur, India
¨ Joined as a Software Engineer in IBM Global services, Bangalore on Dec, 2000 and have been acquiring various skills for the past 16 years
¨ Currently working as a Cloud Solutions Architect under IBM Global Cloud Center of Excellence (CoE) organization, to drive reusable architectures into our standard solutioning and for resolving client issues. In this role, I am responsible to create best solutions for our clients at the highest quality and lowest costs and fastest deployment
¨ Being a Solutions Architect in Cloud CoE, my responsibilities includes designing the high quality Cloud Solutions based on Cloud Managed Services (CMS), CMS4SAP, CMS4ORACLE and SoftLayer Cloud Offerings for various deals across AP, EMEA and NA regions. In this capacity of my role as a cloud solution architect, I work with client/ sales teams and provide my expertise with respect to the following -
o Join in understanding, developing, and driving a win strategy for the deal.
o Systematically understand, develop, and document cloud technical requirements and analyze gaps.
o Identify workloads to move to the Cloud and design a Cloud architecture based on standard offerings and assets.
o Bring the best practices and assets from the cloud solutions across several hundreds of deals, and has been at the heart of developing Cloud offerings.
o Identify integration points, challenges, issues, workarounds, and dependencies.
o Help take the solution through global review boards to ensure the integrity of the overall solution provided.
o Join client meetings as a Cloud technical expert, when appropriate
¨ Have worked with IBM US / Korea teams for a leading Smartphone company at Seoul, South Korea, in the development of Service Automation layer for OSS using Tivoli Provisioning Manager (TPM v7.2.2) product covering various hypervisors such as Citrix Xen, VMWare and PowerVM. In this engagement, I was primarily responsible for architecture, design and development of TPM workflows for various service automation components such as Discovery, Create, Modify, Manage (start/stop/restart), Attach / Detach Block storage etc.
¨ Being a Senior IT Specialist with Cloud Engineering & Experience, I have played a key role in the following IaaS / PaaS / SaaS focused activities
o Have been instrumental in setting up of IBM’s Cloud Software Stack (configuration / customization) by enabling data centers on a cloud based infrastructure
o Have contributed to Server Consolidation activities by providing solutions to migrate the physical server environment on to cloud (P2V and V2V)
o Have participated in speaker sessions at IBM’s Largest Technical Event (Technical Leadership Exchange – TLE) 2010, 2011 and 2012 under the Cloud Computing category and have adjudged the best presentation in the year 2010 on the topic “Our experience in Transforming a large traditionally managed IT infrastructure to a Cloud based one”
¨ Have submitted several patents on Cloud technologies. Following is the history of report of disclosures.
o ENABLING MULTI-TENANCY FOR INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT SOFTWARE IN VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENTS (GRANTED - Issue #9092254)
o ENABLING MULTI-TENANCY FOR A COMMERCE SERVER (GRANTED - Issue #8959482)
o METHOD AND APPRATUS FOR ACCELERATED VIRTUAL IMAGE PROVISIONING IN DISTRIBUTED CLOUD ENVIRONMENTS (FILE - IN920120109US1)
o PATTERN- BASED MIGRATION OF WORKLOADS (FILE - IN920150068US1)
o TRANSFORMING A BASE MULTI-TENANT CLOUD TO A WHITE LABELED RESELLER CLOUD (FILE - IN920140109US1)
o MANAGING E-MAIL MESSAGES BETWEEN RELATED ACCOUNTS (FILE - END920120229CN1)
o SYSTEM AND METHOD OF NOTIFYING MEETING HOST WITH ATTENDEES POSSIBLE STATUS (PUBLISH - END820110311)
o SYSTEM AND METHOD OF NOTIFYING MODERATOR WITH STATUS OF FILE ON ATTENDEE'S COMPUTER (PUBLISH - END820110328)
o METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR SHARING AND PASSING LOGIN CREDENTIALS ACROSS MULTIPLE TABS AFTER A CRASH (PUBLISH - AUS820120730)
o SYSTEM AND METHOD TO UPDATE AND MANAGE CALENDARS WITH OUT-OF-OFFICE CAPABILITY (PUBLISH - IN820120558)
¨ AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
Hardware :System x, System p
Operating Systems :AIX 6.1 (Ksh), Linux (RHEL 5.2, SLES 10.2), Windows NT/2000
Hypervisors :PowerVM on AIX 7.1/6.1/5.3, Xen on RHEL 5.4,
VMWare ESXi3.5 U4, KVM on RHEL 5.4, Citrix Xen v5.6
Languages :C, C++
Development Tools :RSA 7.0, WID6.2, Rational / Web Sphere / Tivoli Suite of products
Database :DB2 UDB 9.1
Enterprise Technologies:WebSphere Application Server (WAS) 6.1,WebSphere Commerce Suite (WCS)
#1 - Project Name : Global Cloud Center of Excellence (CoE)
Location : IBM India, Bangalore
Duration : 08/2012 – Till date
Role :Cloud Solution Architect
Environment :Cloud Managed Services (CMS), CMS4SAP, CMS4ORACLE and SoftLayer
I have been working as Cloud Solution Architect in GTS Global Cloud CoE organization since Aug 2012. I am driving reusable architectures in to standard solutioning and for resolving client issues. In the capacity of my role as a cloud solution architect, I work with client/deal teams and provide my expertise with respect to the following -
- Join in understanding, developing, and driving a win strategy for the deal.
- Systematically understand, develop, and document cloud technical requirements and analyze gaps.
- Identify workloads to move to the Cloud and design a Cloud architecture based on standard offerings and assets.
- Bring the best practices and assets of the whole SSA which has designed Cloud solutions across several hundreds of deals, and has been at the heart of developing Cloud offerings.
- Identify integration points, challenges, issues, workarounds, and dependencies.
- Leverage expertise from other Specialty Services Areas such as security, integrated service management, networking etc. as needed.
- Help take the solution through governance reviews to ensure the integrity of the overall solution provided.
- Join client meetings as Cloud technical experts, when appropriate
- Partner with to produce key deliverables on the Cloud solution such as functional & non-functional requirements, architecture overview diagram, architectural decisions, and viability assessment.
My key skills and solutioning focus areas include -
- IBM Enterprise Cloud Offerings (Cloud Managed Services (CMS), CMS4SAP, CMS4ORACLE and SoftLayer)
- IBM Private Cloud Offerings (IBM Cloud Orchestrator)
- Hybrid Cloud Systems Solution / Design
- Competitors Public Cloud Offerings - AWS / Azure / Google / RackSpace / VMWare / Citrix
- IBM Cloud Brokerage Systems (Gravitant)
- Competitors Cloud Brokerage Systems – RightScale
- Cloud Migration Strategy & Solution Design (P2V / V2V)
- Pricing / Costing of various cloud solution components
#2 - Project Name : Samsung SDS Cloud Project (CCMS – Common Cloud Management System)
Location : IBM South Korea, Seoul
Duration : 02/2012 – 06/2012
Role :Cloud Solution Architect / TPM Workflow Developer
Environment :PowerVM, Citrix Xen and VMWare hypervisors
- As a Provisioning Team Leader, communicate with customer, finalize the requirements, specify the design, implement the infrastructure, and lead 8 people (includes three global member) for TPM implementation. Also act as a solution designer for provisioning where created specification of messages and interface between OSS and TPM.
- Work directly with a chief architect to provide the best possible solution for customer in view of cost and time. Also work directly with customer team to help them understand the technology we use and to provide recommendation to their current and new system.
- During the design stage, assisted the business and technical leaders directly by providing technical details on Tivoli products; which then recognized the contribution of deal success by receiving SEA award.
- CCMS project is the core reason of deal’s success, is the biggest cloud contract with #1 conglomerate in Korea
#3 - Project Name : Smarter Planet Activities – Cloud Computing / Green Data Center
Location : IBM India, Bangalore
Duration : 08/2008 – 01/2012
Role : Infrastructure / Systems Architect and Senior IT Specialist
Dynamic Infrastructure: Setting up of Vega/RC2/TSAM18.104.22.168 in cloud infrastructure to host asset development activities.
Green and Beyond: Energy Management Study and Recommendations for GBSC Data Centers
Objectives: Analyze Energy, Power and Thermal parameters of server IT equipment and provide the recommendations to optimize so as to yield savings
- Analyzed Energy, Power and Thermal parameters of server IT equipment in Data centers having about 500+ servers
- Deduced savings of 40% in total for the above two data centers by applying power savings mode and setting appropriate power capping
- Formed and led a workgroup on Energy Management study and collectively worked towards attaining the objectives defined
#4 - Project Name : GBSC Cross Sector Asset Development Initiatives
Client : GBSC, IBM India
Location : IBM India, Bangalore
Duration : 08/2007 – Till date
Role :Application Integration and Middleware Solutions Specialist
Environment : Rational and WebSphere Suite of Products, AIX/Linux/Windows
#5 - Project Name : CDR (Call Detail Record) Archive – Sprint Nextel
Client : Sprint Nextel
Location : World Head Quarters, Kansas USA / IBM India, Bangalore
Duration : 12/2004 – 07/2007
Role : Technical Team Leader
Environment : AIX 5.3, C/C++, SQL, MQ, SQL/DB2 8.2.4
- Received the Bravo award in recognition to my contribution to CSS application.
- Received Muffin award towards the leading of D4665 major project from offshore.
#6 - Project Name : IBM.COM Solutions
Client : IBM Global Services US
Location : RTP, NC/USA
Duration : 07/2003 - 11/2004
Role : Team Lead, CCE
Environment : RS 6000 AIX 4.1, WAS 4.0, WCS 5.1, DB2 7.1
#7 - Project Name : IBM.COM Solutions
Client : IBM Global Services US
Location : Bangalore/India
Duration : 08/2001 - 07/2003
Role : Defect Analyst SlingShot
Environnent : RS 6000 AIX 4.1, C++, Net. Commerce 3.2, DB2 6.1
Project Name : Interview Scheduler
Client : IBM GSI
Duration : 12/2000 - 08/2001
Role : Application Developer
Environment : Windows NT 4.0, JAVA1.2, Servlets, JSP, and DB2
Received the Bravo award in recognition to my contribution to the project.
K. V. Raghava Reddy
Flat No. D-206, Ittina Abby Apartments
7 Th Cross, LB Sastry Nagar