I manage the Machine Learning Technologies (MLT) group at IBM Research - Haifa where we create tomorrow's cognitive computing systems.
I believe machine learning lies at the heart of creating cognitive systems. My main interest is in questions such as
- What does it take to transform human natural language to forms that computers can process?
- How can computers perform cognitive tasks using their ability to move back and forth between natural language and its internal learned representation?
- What does it mean for a computer to learn human language?
My team works on cutting edge research in the field of deep learning leveraging and developing algorithms for automatic pattern recognition, prediction, classification, and learning of structures. We apply the algorithms in various fields, using large scale computing infrastructure where we create, develop, and train deep neural networks for sequence analysis using recurrent neural networks.
I believe the cognitive computing abilities that will be on the shelf tomorrow, are being researched and developed here today.
My research Interests:
- Deep Learning for Natural Language tasks
- Unxupervised Machine Learning
- Reinforcement Learning
- Natural Language Generation