Carlos Alzate is a research scientist at IBM's Ireland Research Lab in Dublin. He is the team lead of the lab's contribution to the IBM Debating Technologies project.
His research interests are in the area of machine learning, data analysis and optimization. He is currently focused in unsupervised and semi-supervised learning, kernel-based methods, predictive modeling and natural language processing. Prior to joining IBM Research, Carlos was a postdoctoral fellow of the Research Foundation - Flanders (FWO) working at the KU Leuven in Belgium.
He received a PhD in Engineering and a Master degree in Artificial Intelligence from the KU Leuven in 2009 and 2004 respectively. He also holds a degree in Electronic Engineering from the Universidad Nacional de Colombia.
- IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI)
- IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning System (TNNLS)
- IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing (TSP)
- IEEE Transactions on Power Systems (TPS)
- Machine Learning
- Neural Networks
- NIPS: 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
- IJCAI: 2013,
- IJCNN: 2012 - 2005
- ECML: 2009