Researcher in Optimization, Control, and Signal ProcessingIreland Research Lab, Dublin, Ireland
- Convex and non-convex optimization: both from a theoretical perspective and algorithmic implementation. Recent works include prediction-correction algorithms to track the solution trajectory of time-varying convex programs. Older works include networked SDP convex relaxations of certain classes of non-convex programs.
- Distributed optimization, especially in connection with robotic and wireless sensor networks.
- Control theory in the context of distributed control design, model predictive control, embedded control systems.
- Signal processing: distributed estimation, sparse reconstructions, compressive sensing, wireless sensor network localization, sensor selection, graph signal processing.
- Parallel computing in the context of nonlinear estimation and specifically particle filtering.
- Recent: smart grids, IoT in smart transportation, air traffic management.
- Less recent: robotics, medical device design.
For more info you can check my website [here], which is updated quite regularly.
- PhD in systems and control, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, 2012.
- M.Sc. in aerospace enginering, Politecnico di Milano and Torino, Italy, 2008.
- Feb 2017- now: Research staff member at IBM Research Ireland (optimization and control group).
- March 2016- January 2017: Postdoctoral scholar at Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium (applied mathematics department).
- January 2013- Feb 2016: Postdoctoral scholar at Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands (signal processing department).