Timothy is a Research Scientist at IBM's Melbourne research lab. Timothy has a PhD from the University of Newcastle, Australia. His thesis is titled "Energy conservation in distributed heterogeneous computing environments using economic resource allocation mechanisms". Timothy's thesis explores the use of resource allocation to conserve energy in heterogeneous distributed computing environments, such as cloud and grid computing environments.
Timothy has worked as a lecturer, a tutor, a research assistant, a technical officer, and a systems administrator. His current research interests include energy efficient distributed computing, resource allocation, and agent-based modelling.
Timothy's recent awards include:
- Best article award IJISSC (2010);
- Research Higher Degree Completion Scholarship (2010);
- Faculty of Science and Information Technology Research Higher Degree Conference Scholarship (2009);
- Australian Postgraduate Award (2008);
- Williams Foundation Information Technology Undergraduate Scholarship (2007);
- Faculty of Science and Information Technology Honours Scholarship (2007).